I have been asked this question several times lately by my English clients who have a holiday home in France.

As the exchange rate is not good, they don’t come as often as they used to and wonder if they can get a discount in their Taxe d’habitation.

The answer is NO unfortunately.

The taxman has already taken into consideration that your place is a holiday home and not your main residence. At the back of your tax, it says S for ‘Secondaire’.

Do you have a television in your French holiday home? If you don’t, let the tax office know so you won’t get charged for it. It is just under €130.

It is added to the Taxe d’habitation.

If you require assistance with dealing with the tax office, please contact me here. I will be pleased to help.

Please help us!

If you found this useful, please let your friends know by sharing it here...